POSITION: Accounts Payable Clerk
LOCATION: Delta, BC
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for the accounts payable cycle including timely and accurate input of accounts payable invoices and the regular follow up with vendors regarding payment of outstanding and overdue invoices. This involves keeping current on all taxes, and other information required to do this job accurately.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Match invoices and purchase part receivers.
- Follow-up and recording of employee expense reports including Visa submissions.
- Ensure approval of invoices as required.
- Responsible for appropriate expense coding.
- Process approved invoices.
- Produce required cheques for Delta and Vaughan sites.
- Ongoing monitoring of PO accrual report ensuring older items are being cleared.
- File invoices and reports.
- Responsible for keeping current with GST/PST regulations.
- Provide expense report training using Expense Point software to new employees and re-training where necessary for current employees.
GENERAL ACCOUNTING PROJECTS:
- Month-end account reconciliations including trade payables for multiple sites and credit card reconciliations.
- Projects as assigned by Assistant Controller
- Primary employee to greet all visitors.
- Primary employee to answer the reception phone.
- Distributes mail.
OTHER DAILY & MONTHLY ACTIVITIES:
- Continually challenge the status quo and identify ways to improve process and efficiency within role, department and company.
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Worksafe B.C. regulations.
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Participate in 1X1 meetings with Assistant Controller.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an accounts payable role
- Experience processing a high volume of invoices
- College Degree or Diploma in bookkeeping/basic accounting or a combination of relevant experience
- Experience with an ERP system (Visual an asset)
- Good understanding of GST/PST regulations
- MS Office, strong Excel
- Good communication skills with stakeholders, internal and external clients
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of workload
- Very high attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To apply, please visit our Glassdoor page at https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-CMP-Group-EI_IE594501.11,20.htm or send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.