Posting No: 2019 – 06
This position is a full-time, permanent role as a Cost Accounting Specialist at our Delta location.
The Cost Accounting Specialist is responsible for preparing, reviewing and analyzing inventory costing data for CMP Group Ltd. as well as supporting subsidiary companies with these activities. The cost accounting specialist works with all operations to ensure that the day-to-day cost accounting functions are run efficiently and accurately.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Run costing utilities daily and post manufacturing journals monthly.
- Ensure data integrity by
- Reviewing zero-cost transactions in the system
- Utilizing Costing Tools to detect cost exceptions and detect incorrectly matched amounts between PO Accruals and AP.
- Investigating negative and mismatched cost layers.
- Ensuring default GL accounts have not been used on journals.
- Using the Backdated Inventory Tool to compare the inventory valuation report to the inventory balance report.
- Review closed work orders on the Work In Progress balance report.
- Complete work order audits and take appropriate action
- Review size (quantity) and age of open work orders and work with operations to manage accordingly
- Reconcile the inventory reports to the GL monthly, investigate any differences and post any necessary adjustments.
- Act as the primary point of contact for training and support regarding all costing activities throughout the company
- Prepare Inventory Turns report.
- Translate inventory of subsidiaries.
- Recode inter-company sales and COGS.
- Calculate inventory provisions for all companies on a quarterly basis.
- Provide back-up as needed to facilitate cycle counts with shipping and production departments.
- Assistance with the year-end inventory count.
- Review gross margins, investigate margins that are below targets and communicate issues to appropriate management.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining part information in the ERP system and ensuring product code allocation to parts is consistent across all databases.
Daily and Monthly Activities
- Continually challenge the status quo and identify ways to improve process and efficiency within role, department and company.
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Worksafe B.C. regulations.
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Participate in 1 X 1 meetings with Operations Controller.
- Perform all other related duties as required
- Minimum 1 year experience in a cost accounting position or 2 years in a general accounting position
- Experience within the manufacturing industry, with international subsidiaries an asset
- CPA designation or within 6 months of completion preferred, or diploma in Accounting with equivalent industry experience
- Experience with an ERP system
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, productive with minimum supervision, and willingness to learn & develop.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com . We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.