POSITION: Mechatronics Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Delta, BC
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the Mechatronics Systems Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support for the improvement of existing products and processes as well as assists in conceptual design, prototyping and testing of new products with a focus on both mechanical design and integration of electrical components into mechanical designs. Additionally the incumbent will help maintain and improve control systems on existing EOL test apparatus and will develop unique controls solutions for new products as the need arises.
- Assist in conceptual design and prototyping of components required in support of development for new applications. New Product BOM/Engineering Master creation, Adherence to established engineering SOP’s ie DCR process,
- Develop non-destructive and destructive testing requirements for newly developed products.
- Perform analytical review of new and existing products utilizing standard engineering procedures such as Stress/FEA analysis, Design of experiments, Application of GD&T Tolerance Stack up analysis, 3D modeling (Solidworks), FMEA etc.
- Develop control solutions for new products utilizing a variety of tools including Labview and MATLAB/Simulink
- Modify and maintain Labview applications on existing EOL testing equipment.
- Provide engineering support to improve existing products and processes efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide recommendations that promote a reduction in Warrantee returns based on an analytical review of historical returns.
- When necessary create required quality documentation for all new and existing product within the Octopus division
- Encourage (as practical) the equipment utilization at full capacity.
- Create required quality documentation for all new and existing products within the Octopus division.
OTHER DAILY AND MONTHLY ACTIVITIES:
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Worksafe B.C. regulations.
- Design all jigs, fixtures and test benches to meet current Worksafe B.C. regulations
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure the continuous revision of the Visual Aids and Engineering Masters in order to maintain customer requirements.
- Ensure that all development work and evaluations results are documented.
- Produce detailed drawing and specifications for new or modified products.
- Ensure timely closure of all relevant quality reports.
- As required, train manufacturing on new processes or on newly developed best practices.
- Participate in 1X1 meetings with the Design Engineering Manager.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a mechatronics engineer or technologist role
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering with Mechatronics option or Diploma in Mechatronics with a combination of relevant experience
- Experience in hydraulics or gear boxes (an asset)
- Familiar with Solidworks
- Well organized with good attention to detail
- Creative problem solver with good spatial reasoning
- Technically proficient in design and prototyping
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To apply, please visit our Glassdoor page by clicking the following link or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.