Location: Woodbridge, ON
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Administration Clerk is responsible for performing administrative office duties and supporting the Delta, BC finance team with AP related tasks. This involves supporting and working closely with, Vaughan and Delta teams.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Support HR in submitting weekly temp hours to agencies.
- Ensure agency WSIB documents up to date in file.
- Ensure timely entry of expense reports, claim submitted by employee, sign off by manager, payment and submission by clerk.
- Complete month end account reconciliations as assigned.
- Responsible for appropriate expense coding as required.
- Ensure that office supplies are ordered in an organized and timely manner.
- Support answering general telephone line as required.
- Provide ad hoc reports / spreadsheets or information as required.
- Cross trained in various activities in various department to provide backup coverage, support and assistance.
- Primary employee to greet all visitors and perform reception duties.
- Ensure timely matching and entry of both PO and non-PO invoices in preparation for month end.
- Ensure approval of invoices with managers as required.
- Ensure freight invoices are reconciled with managers as required.
- Support in producing ad hoc vendor payment as required and ensure communication to Finance-Delta.
- Support in completing A/P back up (invoices, receivers, & POs) are scanned and available for Finance-Delta.
- Manage petty cash.
- Customer cheques, scanning for Delta and prepare deposit books.
- Perform secretary duties in the JHSAC.
- Daily filing and year end file purges.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the WSIB Ontario regulations.
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Participate in Quality Audits as required.
- Participate in 1X1 meetings with the General Manager.
- Champion RESPECT code of behavior.
- Participate in the Social Committee.
- Continually challenge the status quo and identify ways to improve process and efficiency within role, department and company.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an office administrative position.
- College Degree or Diploma in bookkeeping/basic accounting or a combination of relevant experience.
- Experience with switch board considered an asset.
- Experience with an ERP system (Visual an asset).
- Good understanding of GST/PST regulations.
- Good Communication skills with stakeholders, internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high volume of workload.
- Very high attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Previous experience with administrative duties in an office setting preferred.
- Fluent in English (written/spoken), French is considered an asset.
- Accuracy and confidentiality is a must.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and to take initiative.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
E-mail your resume and a covering letter to our Human Resources department at email@example.com