CMP Group Ltd., a leading provider of Marine Products, Construction, and Industrial solutions is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join the team on a full-time permanent basis for the Delta location.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for all human resource activities in the areas of recruitment, benefits administration, training and development and employee relations. The Human Resources Generalist guides and consults with management and employees on the interpretation and administration of human resources’ policies and procedures.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected in our progressive culture, flexible work schedules and attitudes, leading-edge and highly accessible professional development programs, and more.
- Extended Benefits Plan (Vision/Dental/Prescription/etc.) as of your first day
- Performance, Education & Referral Programs
- Additional statutory Holidays: Easter Monday and Remembrance Day
- Quarterly pizza lunch, Summer BBQ’s
- Quarterly town halls, Winter Holiday Party
- And much more!
- Provide full cycle recruitment support which includes (but is not limited to): the development of job descriptions, collection of ATH (Authorization to Hire Form) as well interview candidates alongside the hiring manager
- Conduct new employee orientations and onboarding with all new employees
- Provide managers with guidance on employee termination and employment contracts to ensure Provincial employment regulations are followed
- Ensure that all biweekly payroll, =benefit paperwork, new hire documents and termination documents are completed and forwarded to Head Office as well as maintain all payroll records for support and reference
- Maintain and update the HRIS system with employee information, timesheet accuracy, training documents, and employee absenteeism
- Provide advice to managers, supervisors and lead-hands on all HR issues
- Conduct annual employee surveys and facilitate open forums.
- Update metrics for monthly MRM meetings
- Leads and facilitate “I” Team meetings.
- Work with managers to develop training plans for all employees
- Investigate and source out appropriate training; implements training programs to raise the overall level of competency
- Lead the Health, Safety & Accessibility Meeting
- Manage the social committee budget
- Provide ad hoc reports/spreadsheets or information when required
- Ensure that new employees complete the Benefit enrollment forms and forward to the Payroll and Benefits Specialist
- Communicate to the Payroll and Benefits Specialist changes for existing employees and terminating employees
- Administer the company safety shoes and safety glasses programs
- Manages disability and worker’ compensation claim
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Work Safe BC regulations
- Maintain up-to-date on Work Safe BC and WCB regulations and makes appropriate changes to policies and procedures
- Perform daily walkthrough of the facility
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are followed
- Participate in Quality Audits as required
- Participate in 1X1 meetings with the HR Manager.
- Champion RESPECT code of behavior
- Control and documents 1X1 meetings, annual performance reviews and participate in annual salary review, bonus goals and payout
- Lead the Social Committee and manage all work events
- Coordinate and participate in monthly business update
- 5 years of experiencee business
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3- 5 years of experience/extensive knowledge of B.C Employment Standards Act, WCB, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and proven ability to provide advice to clients on the application of these acts
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- HR designation (CPHR/CHRP/CHRL ) an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources management practices
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to conduct training and create presentations
- Accuracy and confidentiality is a must
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Ability prioritize work, sometimes with conflicting priorities, multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, organize, take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Positive team player, analytical , organizational awareness, attention to detail, good judgement, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Travel to other locations may be required
- 8:00 m – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday
CMP values diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities, and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.