POSITION: Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
LOCATION: Delta, BC
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is responsible for all payroll & benefits activities for the salaried, hourly and union employees of CMP Group Ltd across Canada.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Process the salaried, hourly and union payrolls in an accurate and timely manner for employees across Canada (BC, MB, ON).
- Process all payroll and benefit related remittances accurately and on time.
- Process all expense reimbursements and commission payments through payroll.
- Prepare quarterly and year-end filings for WCB BC & MB, WSIB, and T4’s.
- Complete all monthly payroll journal entries and reconcile all payroll accounts.
- Administer benefit program with Group Insurance Company for all employees.
- Advise employees on the completion of benefit forms.
- Process all salaried, hourly and union benefit remittances.
- Reconcile all benefit related accounts.
- Administer the company safety shoes and safety glasses programs.
- Prepare monthly attendance/late reports.
- Maintain vacation records and balances for all employees.
- Provide Managers with vacation balance reports for all employees, as requested.
- Update metrics for monthly management meetings and quarterly town halls.
- Conduct all new employee onboarding where schedule permits.
- Participate in human resources annual S.O.P. review.
- Assist with CMP Updates (monthly newsletter).
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Worksafe B.C. regulations.
- Schedule, organize and ensure that the Health & Safety Committee meetings run smoothly; Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Ensure that up to date training records are maintained.
- Participate in quality audits as required.
- Help out with social committee events when possible.
- Participate in 1X1 meetings with HR Manager.
- Assist the HR Manager to conduct the annual employee surveys, including setting them up online and assisting employees with their input.
- Prepare companywide spreadsheets with payroll & benefit information for the budget process.
- Provide ad hoc reports or information when required.
- 3 to 5 years of payroll experience with salaried, hourly and union groups
- PCP designation preferred
- Experience coordinating benefits
- Able to grasp new software easily, experience with Payworks an asset
- Accounting knowledge to accurately do journal entries and payroll reconciliations
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Experience with investigating and resolving payroll issues
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including advanced Excel.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles strongly preferred
- Driven, positive and outgoing personality
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required
- Innate work ethic and attention to detail
To apply, please visit our Glassdoor page at https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-CMP-Group-EI_IE594501.11,20.htm or send your resume to email@example.com . We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.