POSITION: Purchaser and Planner
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
LOCATION: Delta, BC
STATUS: Permanent, Full time
The Purchaser and planner is responsible for planning, sourcing, purchasing and logistics related activities for demand across North America. The role is also responsible for issuing stock replenishment order to contract factory, strategize on replenishment through current and historical trends analysis, track inventory status, analyze inventory to increase or decrease projections based on inventory levels and prepare weekly/monthly reports for management review.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Periodically review planning parameters, analyze sales history and demand forecasting on SKU level across all product categories and communicate recommended orders
- Analyze and manage Inter branch transfers and inventory balancing as required
- Maintain and monitor stock levels at different location and adjust replenishment plans
- Flag products that might require lifecycle review and channel them to the process
- Generate reports on fill rates, inventory turns, demand trend and supply status for management review while ensuring to maintain the integrity of data
- Participate in hitting key performance indicators (KPI) which include Inventory Turns, fulfillment rate and In-Stock percentage.
- Participate in transitioning PID planning into ATLAS
- Assist in documenting ATLAS system use procedures
- Ensure that technical documentation, product configuration and specification provided to suppliers are complete, accurate and up to date for the range of assigned products
- Provide feedback to the stakeholders on the available replacements as opportunities for improvement
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of data reflecting product requirements and provide feedback if changes are necessary
- Source new vendors for parts or services for NPD, OEM customer quotes, or operational improvements following vendor selection procedure
- Obtain quotations from vendors and compile data for make-buy decisions as directed by Engineering, production or management
- Ensure the best purchasing channel and distributor is used for the parts that are locally procured
- Investigate opportunities for consolidating parts purchased from different vendors to gain more buying power
- Issues purchase orders in accordance with CMP specifications for all North America facilities.
- Manage effective day to day correspondence with suppliers about product quality and delivery requirement
- Communicate any discrepancies in received inventory and resolve the issue with vendors
- Communicate and follow up Quality Reports issued with assigned vendors and ensure corrective and preventive actions are in place
- Obtain competitive quotes for parts and components and negotiate best prices, quantities, and terms aligned with local requirements
- Issue, monitor, and expedite Purchase Orders accurately and in a timely manner for material, components, and services assigned
- Maintain up-to-date delivery date of Purchase Orders and vendor related information in ERP system to improve planning and provide visibility to all departments
- Assist in facilitating payments and resolving invoice discrepancies between suppliers and Finance
- Assist in receiving Purchase Orders in ERP
- Supports supplier evaluation, selection, and management ensuring suppliers are able to meet requirements for quality, on-time delivery, price, and payment terms
- Initiate, maintain and improve positive relationship with vendors and ensure appropriate information is communicated in a timely manner
- Review and action Requisitions from different departments following the procedures and ensure appropriate approval is in place following procedures from Finance
- Obtain freight quotes and coordinate shipments with carriers and vendors in a timely manner
- Collect and organize inbound freight and insurance data for reporting purposes
- Issue, maintain and monitor Inter Branch Transfers in ERP and communicate them with different warehouses based on replenishment requirements of planning system
- Coordinate US and Canadian Custom Clearance with Brokers
- Prepare documents or coordinate with suppliers for providing import documentations
OTHER DAILY & MONTHLY ACTIVITIES:
- Promotes safe work practices as outlined in the Worksafe B.C. regulations.
- Uses PPE where applicable.
- Complies with all relative Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participate in 1X1 meetings with Supply Chain Manager.
- Perform all other related duties as required
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a purchasing role within a manufacturing industry
- Bachelor Degree in a related field or Diploma in Supply Chain Management or Inventory Management or a combination of relevant experience
- Experience with an ERP system (Visual an asset)
- Experience with Material planning systems
- MS Office, strong Excel
- Good Communication skills with stakeholders, internal and external clients
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem solving and decision making
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Good planning and organization skills
Do you think this role is the right fit for you? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today! We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.