POSITION: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Delta, BC
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
Reporting to the Operations Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of all intercompany pricing, budgets and forecasts, transfer pricing documentation, and tax returns with supporting documentation. The Senior Accountant works with management and key finance personnel to complete these tasks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Generation of quarterly intercompany pricing
- Generation of intercompany pricing for new parts as required
- Analysis of intercompany transactions and margins
- Generation of supporting calculations for intercompany management/consulting fees
- Drafting of Company Transfer Pricing Study (Contemporaneous Documentation) annually
Budgets and Forecasts:
- Responsible for all aspects of budgets and forecasts for CMP Group Ltd. including:
- Distribution of budget and forecast templates
- Support managers in the completion of their budgets and forecasts
- Analysis of submissions based on approved assumptions and historic data for reasonableness with feedback to managers
- Presentation of draft annual budget and forecasts to Chief Financial Officer for review prior to circulation
- Monthly Cap Ex forecast for all operations.
- Creation and maintenance of rolling three-year forecast based on approved assumptions
- Monthly review of actual to budget by entity by the department for all entities.
- Creation of draft entity tax returns and supporting documentation for CMP Group Ltd. and subsidiaries
- Completion of information filings to accompany the CRA and IRS filings (T106s, T1134s, 5472s )
- Review and support foreign operations with their information filings (eg. IDS)
- Creation of entity and consolidated tax working papers
- Generation of tax provision by company for monthly consolidation process
- Monthly review of all current and future tax GL accounts within the group
- Maintain tax authority notice of assessment documentation for all operations.
- Maintain tax compliance log
- Preparation of voluntary US State Tax Disclosures as well as for US State, County, City Tax filings
- Preparation of the Statement of Values for the annual insurance renewal
- Coordination of the Certificates of Insurance for customers, suppliers, bankers and landlords.
- Sales analysis for product liability insurance
Other daily and monthly tasks
- Continually challenge the status quo and identify ways to improve process and efficiency within the role, department and company.
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Worksafe B.C. regulations.
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Participate in 1 X 1 meetings with Operations Controller.
- Document processes/procedures
- Perform all other related duties as required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an accounting position with a focus on budgets/forecasts and exposure to income taxes
- Experience within the manufacturing industry, with international subsidiaries an asset
- BBA or post-secondary diploma in accounting
- CPA designation or a combination of relevant experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a tier 1 or 2 ERP system
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to work with large volumes of data and identify the most critical points.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, productive with minimum supervision, and willingness to learn & develop
- MS Access and/or Power Query knowledge an asset
To apply, please visit our Glassdoor page at https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-CMP-Group-EI_IE594501.11,20.htm or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.