POSITION: TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
LOCATION: Delta, BC or Vaughan, ON
STATUS: Six-month contract position
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provides specialized full cycle recruitment services to the CMP’s North America sites, leveraging recruitment tools including community and digital outreach to proactively build talent pipelines.
- Works collaboratively with department managers on their strategic and budgeted recruitment needs; identifies and matches open positions with ideal candidates and applies recruiting strategies and techniques to proactively source, engage and evaluate potential candidates to fill positions. Provides full cycle recruitment support which includes (but is not limited to): development of job descriptions and job postings, collection of ATH (Authorization to Hire Form), dissemination of job postings internally and externally, sourcing applicants, screening applicants, interviewing, assessing and presenting a diversified and high-quality pool of candidates to hiring managers in a timely manner.
- Develops a recruitment plan and creates a customized sourcing strategy, in consultation with the hiring managers. Advises and guides the hiring team on different recruitment steps, to ensure compliance with best practices and compliance with legal, policy, and collective agreement requirements to ensure a robust hiring process.
- Develops a strong pool of qualified candidates by posting on various job boards/networking sites, advertising campaigns, networking, career fairs, social media and other sources. Develops high-touch relationships with a pool of qualified active and passive candidates to pull from as new positions become available.
- Works collaboratively with the HR Manager and the HR Generalist to ensure a high level of HR services to managers and applicants throughout the process e.g. create salary recommendations based on candidate skills and experiences, and internal equity, for review and approval by the senior management team.
- Implements and drives employment branding initiatives in recruitment-related processes and activities including community outreach and career fairs, that support strategic objectives such as enhancing the diversity of the applicant pool.
- Focuses on providing innovative ideas and solutions in support of continuously improving the process and candidate experience.
- Coordinates pre-employment assessments such as background/reference checks to ensure compliance and adherence to employment standards and best practice in Human Resources. Maintains competition files with all the required documents.
Education & Experience:
The requirements for this position would be acquired through an undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related discipline, plus three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in full-cycle recruitment, including proactive candidate sourcing and behavioral interviewing techniques. Proven success working in a high volume, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of Human Resources concepts, practices, methods and techniques, with emphasis on recruitment.
- Solid working knowledge of candidate sourcing tools and networking and cold calling techniques.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to interpret and apply the relevant language of collective agreements and of relevant policies, regulations and legislation.
- Solid analytical skills to review and assess applicants, and to conduct trend analysis and produce statistics.
- Sound problem-solving skills along with sound judgment to assess and resolve/escalate issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with all levels of management, candidates, employees and other external sources.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team or individually with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to display tact, diplomacy, good judgment and confidentiality with highly confidential and sensitive applicant and employee information.
- Possess a strong ethic to ensure consistency, equality and objectivity in the recruitment process.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications with an emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, an HR Information System (HRIS) and an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Designation as a Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) is an asset.
- Candidates will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will need to provide proof of full vaccination status.
To apply, please email your resume and a covering letter to our Human Resources department at email@example.com.